Domestic Abuse Helplines
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline (freephone, 24/7): 0808 2000 247, nationaldahelpline.org.uk
- Men’s Advice Line (freephone): 0808 8010 327, mensadviceline.org.uk
- Galop (freephone, LGBT+): 0800 999 5428, galop.org.uk/get-help/helplines
- Karma Nirvana UK Helpline: 0800 5999 247
- Women’ Aid - Survivors Handbook Click here for links to the handbook which is available in many languages
Local Area Helplines
If you feel you are in a situation of domestic abuse, please contact the Family Information Service on 01753 476589 or email FIS@slough.gov.uk for help and signposting to local and national services.
Click here for a direct link to support groups both nationally and in the local area
If you are not in immediate danger but would like support for domestic abuse you can call any of the following:
- the police on 101
- contact the council’s Housing Team on 01753 475111
- your GP
- your local children’s centre
- your health visitor
- your Designated Safeguarding Lead at your child’s school (at James Elliman Academy this is Mrs R Pinkney)
- district nurse
- housing officer
or any other key worker who will assess your situation and help you plan your next steps. It is important that you tell somebody you trust who can help get the support you need.
An organisation that provides practical and emotional support to women, men and children who are victims of domestic violence.
Opening hours are Monday – Friday, 9am - 5pm.
You can email Slough.IDVA@hestia.org or call 01753 477352
- Bright Sky is a free to download mobile app provided by Hestia providing support and information to anyone who may be in an abusive relationship or those concerned about someone they know.
- Men's Advice Line - Help and support for male victims of domestic violence.